Orchid Euro has been importing vehicles from Europe to the USA for over decade, and has developed a network of resources that can assist you with bringing your vehicle quickly and legally to the United States. We are bonded with the USCBP and TSA credentialed, which allows us to have even greater in-house control with your vehicle.
We now have a dedicated email address for our car importation team : import AT orchideuro DOT com
We are exceedingly proud of the portfolio of vehicles and clients that we have assisted with, and we treat every car with the same top level of respect. Whether it is headed to a museum or your driveway, we are excited and happy to help with your importation process.
We primarily assist with full importation of vehicles that are 25 years old to the USA. This is due to U.S. import regulations covering safety and emissions. Vehicles can be shipped via Ro-Ro (Roll-On, Roll-Off) if they are in reliable drivable condition, and we also offer container shipping in our regularly scheduled private load containers from Europe. A container shipment is most often used for higher value or non-running vehicles, and also allows spare parts to be imported - they cannot be shipped inside a Ro-Ro vehicle.
We specialize in offering a flat-rate Ro-Ro service from Northwest Germany to the East Coast USA.
Upon request we can also assist via Southampton, England.
Our flat-rate importation service for a regular sized passenger vehicle is US $3,100.00. This includes:
- Ocean transit on a fast 10-12 day service
- Export paperwork preparation and filings
- Translations of foreign documents to English
- NHTSA / DOT Import paperwork filings
- USA import filings (actual taxes and port fees/inspections are additional, based on 2.5% of the vehicles value, & an average of $300 for port fees).
- Physical retrieval and clearance of vehicle from Baltimore port.
- Pennsylvania title and VIN verification assistance (PENNDOT charges and local taxes etc are additional)
- Free technical support via email and phone for registration in your own state (excludes California)
- Transport of the vehicle to our Pottstown, PA, warehouse, if requested, or assistance with further transport with the USA.
- Collection from local train station if you are traveling in to collect the vehicle from our warehouse.
Below are some of the cars we have imported:
1974 VW Swallowtail Rabbit - imported from Sweden
Mk1 Ford Escort- Left hand drive, from an island in Scotland
1988 Honda Acty Van- Formerly used in TV and Commercial film work, imported from England
1993 VW Golf - Imported from Germany
1984 Land Rover Defender- imported from England
1989 Golf Rallye - imported from England
1986 BMW E30 Convertible - imported from England
1966 Honda T360 - imported from Germany
1988 BMW 320i Touring - imported from England
1994 VW Golf Ecomatic - imported from England